> > > PS - Do you care about this warning? "warning: suggest parentheses
> > > around assignment used as truth value".  If not, do you happen to know
> > > the option to disable that warning?
> >
> > It is sometimes asked.  Actually, it can be suppressed by
> > double parentheses in GCC, but matz dislike it.
>
> Yeah, I don't necessarily believe in catering to gcc quirks, either.

it's not so much a "quirk" as an attempt to point out that you look like
you've just made an otherwise difficult to detect "= instead of ==" mistake.
if you help the compiler, the compiler will help you. if you lie to the
compiler, it will take its revenge!

 --elliott

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential. It may only be read, copied and used by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you may not copy, use, distribute, forward, store or disclose this e-mail or any attachment. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have otherwise received this e-mail in error, you should destroy it and any attachment and notify the sender by reply e-mail or send a message to sysadmin / bluearc.com