On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:07:58AM +0900, SASADA Koichi wrote:
> > Rice uses node.h to attach type conversion metadata to each method it
> > defines.  I would be happy to see node.h become private if I had an
> > alternate way to attach and retrieve this information.
>
> What type of information Rice need?

I should have mentioned before; a patch to do what Rice needs was posted
in [ruby-core:15659].  It is fairly unobtrusive.  Could it be applied so
that Rice can continue to work with Ruby 1.9?

Without this patch or something similar, I see no way for Rice and
Ruby-libjit to support 1.9.

I am willing to rewrite or rethink the patch if necessary, provided I am
given a set of guidelines.

Nobu and others have suggested using rb_proc_new() with define_method,
but procs do not have the same semantics as methods.

Paul