Hi,

At Wed, 10 Dec 2003 03:42:00 +0900,
Daniel Berger wrote:
> The file.c warning still (strangely) remains:
>
> file.c: In function `rb_stat_inspect':
> file.c:329: warning: unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 3)

Replace %o with %lo.

> From window_bkgd in curses.c (as opposed to window_bkgdset before):
>
> curses.c:1278: warning: `window_bkgd' defined but not used
> curses.c:1291: warning: `window_getbkgd' defined but not used
>
> Should I wrap that function in a "#ifdef USE_COLOR" as well?

Well, didn't I do so?  It's a mistake.

> From dl.c:
>
> dl.c:167: warning: subscript has type `char'
> dl.c:169: warning: subscript has type `char'

Is it warned at other places where ISDIGIT() is used?  Then we
might need to change ISALPHA() and so on.  Although I guess
this warnings are useless at all for ctype macros, and ignoring
would be best.

> > > numeric.c:791: warning: implicit declaration of function `finite'
> >
> > Does math.h on Solaris lack finite()?
>
> Looks like it's defined in ieeefp.h on sun.  I added
>
> #if defined(sun)
> #include <ieeefp.h>
> #endif
>
> That seemed to work.

Ok, I agree to Eric.

> > > socket.c: In function `bsock_getsockopt':
> > > socket.c:317: warning: implicit declaration of function `alloca'
> >
> > ALLOCA_N() macro is used in many place, why is it warned only
> > here?
>
> Actually, that warning shows up in many places, but that warning has
> been brought up on the list separately, so I didn't want to list them
> all again.

Do you know where alloca() is declared?

> PS - Do you care about this warning? "warning: suggest parentheses
> around assignment used as truth value".  If not, do you happen to know
> the option to disable that warning?

It is sometimes asked.  Actually, it can be suppressed by
double parentheses in GCC, but matz dislike it.

--
Nobu Nakada