On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:56:23PM +0900, Paul Brannan wrote:
> A method that affects only method calls and not instance variables would
> make this idiom more viable.

While investigating Guy Decoux's old messages, I've recently
discovered a way to do exactly this.  It involves inserting a mixin
into the inheritance chain and then enabling and disabling it as
needed.

<http://hackety.org/2008/10/06/mixingOurWayOutOfInstanceEval.html>

If I could take this a bit farther, I'd make a new internal struct
similar to T_ICLASS.  Maybe call it T_IOBJECT.  It would act just
like the mixin proxy class, but would work for any object.

_why