Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:19041] [Bug #340] 1.9/trunk does not work when compiled with llvm-gcc4 2.3 (gcc 4.2.1)"
    on Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:43:48 +0900, Ollivier Robert <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|I posted some more data on ruby-talk.  What I don't see is in which way is it so different that a llvm-compiled binary would spin and not the 1.8 one.  I understand that there is a world between the two ruby with respect to bytecode, VM and all that but why just using a different compiler break?  Is the 1.9 code so tied to gcc-specific features/code?

Perhaps we've just hit slightest incompatibility between compilers.  I
know llvm-gcc is a great piece of code, but still there could be bugs
or incompatibility.  YARV is a VERY complex code for compilers.

							matz.