On Sep 29, 2008, at 21:31 , Jim Weirich wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:45 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:
>
>> deprecation is NOT breaking... for a while:
>>
>>   tu_deprecate :assert_raise,          :assert_raises         #
>> 2010-06-01
>>
>> I'll remove it a LOOOONG time from now.
>
> Are they deprecated in test/unit?  Or in mini/test?
>
> If they are really deprecated in test/unit then leave them.
>
> If test/unit doesn't plan on deprecating them, then the notice
> should not be displayed when mini/unit is masquerading as test/unit.

I think the main thing I've been learning from you and Dave is that
your (collective) perception of miniunit is vastly different than mine.

miniunit, in my mind, doesn't "masquerade" as test/unit... at least,
no more than any duck typing "masquerades" as the thing it is being
used as. It IS test/unit's mutated child and can be used in place of
test/unit... I just think of it as test/unit 2.0... it maintains full
backwards compatibility, for now, and later the deprecated stuff will
drop off, making it even lighter/better/happier.