Hi,

At Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:45:25 +0900,
Ryan Davis wrote in [ruby-core:19031]:
> > And, bin/testrb doesn't work due to lack of Test::Unit::AutoRunner.
>
> I'll delete it. I have yet to see ANYONE use it in the 8 years I've
> been coding ruby. Even ruby-core doesn't use it, the Makefile invokes
> test/runner.rb. testrb is incredibly inconvenient to use (doesn't take
> -I arg so you're forced to run with `ruby -I... -S testrb ...`). In
> short, it is a lame duck and I want to see it shot dead.

Do you mean anything other than this?

  $ testrb --help | grep -e -I
      -I, --load-path=DIR[:DIR...]     Appends directory list to $LOAD_PATH.

I've thought to move process_args in autorunner to testrb,
instead.

> > Also, miniunit exits with failures and errors count, but it can
> > overflow easily and isn't portable.  It should `exit false'.
>
> it overflows? BUG IN RUBY! :P

It depends on OSs.

SUSv2 <http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/wait.html>:

WEXITSTATUS(stat_val)
    If the value of WIFEXITED(stat_val) is non-zero, this macro
    evaluates to the low-order 8 bits of the status argument
    that the child process passed to _exit() or exit(), or the
    value the child process returned from main().

--
Nobu Nakada