On Sep 25, 2008, at 09:02 , Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Basically, the method names in ruby use plain form if they are verbs.
> Ruby is not English, nor Ruby does not belong to English speaking
> people (although it uses a lot of English words).

I don't think anyone has claimed that ruby is English or that in
belongs to anyone or anything... but where it uses English, it should
use the best English choice available. To be clear... I don't want
anything like applescript, I just want to be able to read my ruby and
have it feel right. I realize that is entirely subjective, but I think
there is a good middle ground we can find that works for all of us.