On Sep 25, 1:39 ¨Βν¬ ΆΒεςηες¬ ΔαξιεμΌΔαξιεμ®Βες®®®ΐρχεστ®γονχςοτεΊ

> Then there's the other option of removing everything from the standard
> library completely except rubygems, and letting folks install only what
> they want. But, maybe that's another topic. :)

Probably not quite everything should go. But, given that RubyGems is
now standard, and used by everyone, I'd say that sounds like a damn
good idea.

The problem with including all these extra libraries is that it
discourages developers from trying, using and building alternatives.
In a way, Ruby reminds me of Windows in this respect, we all know the
effect of it's bundling of IE. I'd much rather see Ruby take the light-
weight open road. While it may not be quite as convenient to install,
in the end I think we'd see much higher quality libraries.

T.