On Sep 25, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:

>> Does it make sense to have require 'test/unit' be a test/unit
>> compatible shim on top of mini/test?  Then require 'mini/test' can
>> use all the improved nomenclature and techniques.
>
> That is EXACTLY what test/unit.rb is and it has been like that and
> released for review for almost a year...
>
> Yes... I'm frustrated (and pre-caffeine). Calibrate accordingly.

Sorry for the frustration.  I think I just realized you mean 100%
compatible except with deprecated warnings.  I'm thinking that you
should drop the deprecated warning on each time the methods are
called.  If you really must show a deprecated warning, show it once
when test/unit is loaded (but I'm thinking its not really needed there
either).

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich / gmail.com