On 25 Sep 2008, at 17:21, Vassilis Rizopoulos wrote:
>> This is a loss for Ruby Community.
>>
>> In the name of french association RubyFrance, I present my
>> condolences
>> to Guy Decoux's family, his friends and his collegues.
>>
> This is a shock and a big loss indeed.
> Guy's posts in ruby-talk is one of the reasons I stuck with Ruby.
> Trying to wrap my head around the code and figure out what the
> answer was and going "I'll be damned, this guy just cranks out code
> faster than I can understand it".
> I still strive to write code like Guy and his style of answering
> with lots of -self explanatory- code and few unecessary words is
> someting I admire even as I constantly fail to copy.

I know that feeling all too well. Guy wrote beautifully terse poetry
that just happened to be Ruby, or so it often seemed, and many times
I've envied him that gift. Commemorating him some way within Ruby
itself would be an excellent tribute to not only his keen insight into
the deeper recesses of the language itself, but his willingness to
share that insight freely with others.

He was a true example of what makes the Ruby community so warm and
welcoming, and his passing will be felt by us all.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-brains.net