Hi,

2008/9/25 Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com>:

> On Sep 25, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Yusuke ENDOH wrote:
>

>> (3) An expected and actual values should be put at head of line.  This
>> also
>>   improves visibility much.
>
> Actually, I disagree with this past point quite strongly. One of the things
> I've always wanted to change about Test::Unit was the way that it reported
> errors.
>
>   <1> expected but was
>   <2>
>
> is ugly and hard to scan.

I feel this is easy to scan because the two values is vertically aligned.

In addition, what do you think about pretty_print?

  Expected <#<struct FooBarBaz
   foo=1,
   bar=2,
   baz=3>> not but <#<struct FooBarBaz
   foo=1,
   bar=2,
   baz=4>>

I think this is much more ugly.

> Even better would be to look at the size of the output and adjust
> accordingly:

I don't disagree this, but I think it might reduce the simplicity of
miniunit.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>