On Sep 25, 2008, at 7:49 AM, Yusuke ENDOH wrote:

> (3) An expected and actual values should be put at head of line.
> This also
>    improves visibility much.

Actually, I disagree with this past point quite strongly. One of the
things I've always wanted to change about Test::Unit was the way that
it reported errors.

    <1> expected but was
    <2>

is ugly and hard to scan. I much prefer having the output on one line
if it fits (and indeed, Test::Unit also put its output on one line for
the infamously bad  "<nil> expected to not be nil" error).

So I vote to keep it on one line, but with angle brackets.

Even better would be to look at the size of the output and adjust
accordingly:

   Expected <1> but got <2>

but

    Expected [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
    but got  [9, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]

Dave