I can understand that you want to move on, and delaying things
is not a good idea.

On the other hand, as we have recently seen just with CSV,
most libraries are not at all up to speed with character encodings,
and this means that there is a high risk that Ruby 1.9.1 will
be perceived as a big problem because the libraries run into
all kinds of problems.

So I would be okay with a general feature freeze for libraries,
but not if changes are needed related to internationalization
(which may or may not result in changes (additions) to the
interface).

Regards,    Martin.