Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:18728] Re: Character encodings - a radical  suggestion"
    on Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:11:53 +0900, Martin Duerst <duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp> writes:

|>Besides that, Unicode is not a panacea.
|
|Definitely not. But it makes a lot of things a lot easier for a
|lot of people.

Indeed.  And we'd like to help people's life easier (using Unicode).
Out M17N API is not the final cut (although it's almost fixed for
1.9.1).  If there's any idea to make Ruby's Unicode support better,
let us hear.  But no thanks in advance for the proposals to abandon
what we have now. ;-)

							matz.