On Tuesday 02 December 2003 04:02 am, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Which one you you feel I reject?  I remember two of your "proposals":
> inferring duck typing, and method combination with redefining and
> "superwrap".  I said something negative for the former.  But I didn't
> officially reject either.  Sorry if you feel rejected from me.

Thank you, matz. That is very considerate of you to say. Not to worry. I don't
feel rejected; I understand that you must make tough/smart choices. I'm just
worry that this whole suggestion & proposal issue is stressful for you. So we
should work to make it better for you, and everyone.

The particular RCR I was refering to is the 'Resume RCR'. You rejected, but it
is listed in Ruby source TODO file:

  * resumable Exception via Exception#resume

I discovered this a week or so after I made my RCR for same idea. So it is
confusing to me that you would reject something that is already planned to
do. Even if you changed your mind, wouldn't you say something about that? I
don't know. I just think maybe it is another good reason to have better tools
for the process of suggestion -> proposal -> RCR. Or something like that.
That way you only need to deal with RCRs. The rest of us will deal with the
the others.

If it's okay w/ you I'll foward my previous post (1857) to ruby-talk so we all
can all talk about.

Yours,
-Tom