Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby2 RCR (was Re: Constants, class variables and the cbase field)"
    on 03/12/02, "T. Onoma" <transami / runbox.com> writes:

|3. My last point is a bit harder for me to come out and say, because I do not
|want to come across sounding "sacreligious", for a lack of a better term. I
|am not presenting this to point fingers, or any such address. I am only
|asking for an honest answer to "why?", and to point out that it furthers what
|I have said above.  -- I recently submitted an RCR on the Garden, and you,
|matz, rejected it within moments of my posting. In fact it was rejected so
|quickly that your reply wasn't even complete, but was chomped off half-way
|down, so that I had to come back to the mailing list and say, "what, did you
|say?" In the course of that thread, and my constant proding for a good reason
|for rejection, I was finally told that my idea was not good because the whole
|notion was simply bad programming. Well, the "funny" thing about this, is
|that "my idea" wasn't my idea. Rather it was your idea (or at best, one of
|your -dev compatriots), because the idea is listed in Ruby's latest source as
|TODO. Why would you reject an idea that you had already planned to do? It
|dosen't make sense. There may be good reasons and I'm not going to speculate
|on the matter, beyond the fact that it is just more evidence that we need to
|address the ideas above, becuase obviously the current route is becoming a
|burden for our beloved matz.

Which one you you feel I reject?  I remember two of your "proposals":
inferring duck typing, and method combination with redefining and
"superwrap".  I said something negative for the former.  But I didn't
officially reject either.  Sorry if you feel rejected from me.

							matz.