On Dec 1, 2003, at 20:15, Ryan Davis wrote:

> I would _really_ like to see the code in the at_exit extracted into a
> class method that takes the runner as an argument (which can default
> so console or something if not specified) and returns the value of the
> 'passed' variable. at_exit would then do the runner logic, call this
> function, and then exit with the result. I can whip this up if you'd
> like and submit a patch.

The at_exit is currently one line of code; the content has recently
been extracted in to the Test::Unit::AutoRunner class. Is that what you
want? Or are you looking for something more/different?

I'm certainly open to suggestions for generalizing and/or extending
AutoRunner; it is young and in need of schooling :-)

>> - Move runner.rb to bin, name it 'testunit' ('test' would be good,
>> but it seems too likely to have a name clash), and make it
>> executable, so that it can be used by anyone wanting to run a set of
>> tests.
>
> The name 'testunit' clashes as well with at least one other TU suite.
> I suggest 'rubytestunit' or 'testunit-ruby'. I think I prefer the
> latter.

Hmmm... if 'testunit' clashes, I'd probably lean towards 'ruby-test'. I
only included 'unit' in the name to try to disambiguate it, and I think
including 'ruby' does that quite nicely.

Thanks for the feedback,

Nathaniel

<:((><