On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:09:31 +1000, James Gray <james / grayproductions.net>
wrote:

> However, if I can't make a regex work with a non-ASCII encoding, is
> there any point?  My all ASCII regular expressions will work on pretty
> much everything else, right?  If you pass me non-ASCII separators,
> there's nothing I can do anyway, right?  Seems like this isn't possible,
> which is a big disappointment for me.

I don't think it is quite that bad. Regexp's appear to be broken on UTF-16
& UTF-32. UTF-8 for example certainly seems OK to me. So I believe that if
you pass UTF-8 separators and operate on UTF-8 text, it should work.

So perhaps you have a choice:
1) You proceed and hope that Regexps are fixed sometime soon
2) Convert the broken encodings to UTF-8 & back again
3) Don't support the encodings that are broken (I don't think they are
commonly used anyhow - maybe on Windows - not sure)

Mike