On Dec 1, 2003, at 8:57 AM, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> Your patch looks good, but I think we need to go further...

Ditto.

> - The exit value is set when test/unit is run from at_exit (should be
> a small fix).

I would _really_ like to see the code in the at_exit extracted into a
class method that takes the runner as an argument (which can default so
console or something if not specified) and returns the value of the
'passed' variable. at_exit would then do the runner logic, call this
function, and then exit with the result. I can whip this up if you'd
like and submit a patch.

> - Move runner.rb to bin, name it 'testunit' ('test' would be good, but
> it seems too likely to have a name clash), and make it executable, so
> that it can be used by anyone wanting to run a set of tests.

The name 'testunit' clashes as well with at least one other TU suite. I
suggest 'rubytestunit' or 'testunit-ruby'. I think I prefer the latter.