Hi --

>On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Brian Mitchell wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:46, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
>> Hi --
>>
>> I'm just bumping this in the hope that someone can explain its
>> purpose, or perhaps make it go away :-)
>>

>> David
>>

> I think it has been reported numerous times including bugs in some
> code I've written that works fine with the old 1.8 semantics. I would
> prefer that we return to how 1.8 worked with these as I've hit
> problems in some pretty straight forward meta-programming.

It's been mentioned some but I haven't been able to track down or
figure out what the rationale is. (I could just have overlooked it
somewhere.)

David

   Intro to Ruby on Rails  January 12-15   Fort Lauderdale, FL
   Advancing with Rails    January 19-22   Fort Lauderdale, FL *
   * Co-taught with Patrick Ewing!