Hi Robert,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Robert Klemme  wrote:
> You had a nice formulation in there that really made me laugh:
>
>> The fact that it did build so well means to me it would be a shame to
>> drop all OS/2 code from the official tree, and that it is something I
>> could do.
>
> So this is your idea of maintenance - dropping all the OS/2 code? :-)

Funny. :) You're right, that formulation was awkward.

For the non-native English speakers, I meant that it would be a shame
to drop the OS/2 code, and maintaining it is something I could do.

> Btw, did you do some benchmarking how Ruby compares to REXX on OS/2?
> I guess this could be the strongest competitor on the platform.

No, I didn't. That would be interesting. I would have to think about
or find some testcases for comparison. For most things, the syntax is
almost identical, so once I had a performance test in Ruby it would be
very easy to do.

Thanks.
Brendan