Hello.

I would like to please be considered as a possible Maintainer for the
OS/2 platform.

I built 1.8.6 not long ago, when it was the latest available, and it
seemed to work fine, although getting rubygems installed was going to
be a bit more work, and I did not find much in the way of
documentation on building ruby from source, so I did not take it
further than that.

The fact that it did build so well means to me it would be a shame to
drop all OS/2 code from the official tree, and that it is something I
could do. So I am willing to pick up where I left off, to make it
functional and try to keep it current. I should have no problem
building and testing the latest trunk almost daily, for the
foreseeable future. I will need to have a closer look to see what is
involved with threads_.c and getting rubygems to work. I may have to
ask some general questions, at least on where to find information.

I saw Yugui's post listing what the maintainer must do. I'll try again
with the latest code and report back in the next day or two how I get
on. Meanwhile, please let me know what more I need to do to qualify
myself and my efforts as sufficiently official so that OS/2 can have a
maintainer and not be dropped.

Thank you kindly.
Brendan