Yugui (Yuki Sonoda) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As announced before, Ruby 1.9.1 features will be frozen on 25 September.
>
> After the time,
>  * Ruby level APIs must not changed.
>  * C level APIs will must not changed without discussion on
> ruby-core/ruby-dev.
>    * All structures, data types, variables, functions and macros in
> include/ruby/*.h are regarded as public C level APIs.
>    * Move it from include/ruby/*.h anything you want not to publish.
>
> And I will create the ruby_1_9_1 branch and release 1.9.1 RC1 on 25
> October. After the time,
>  * C level APIs will must not changed.
>
> Also the C level APIs of 1.9.x must have backward binary-compatibility
> to 1.9.1.

Is there a plan to gather a list of changes from Ruby 1.8.x at that
point? Some of those lists exist already, but I'm not sure they've
tracked trunk development. Once the feature freeze starts, we will begin
implementing 1.9 features in JRuby in earnest, so we're keen to get an
"official list" of what to do.

Where can I find an official list of 1.9 features/differences from 1.8?

- Charlie