> I'm sick of proposals that sounds like "hey, matz, I'm a Ruby newbie;
> thank you for the language; by the way, Ruby's design here is not in
> Ruby-way; it should be fixed somehow; I don't know how, because I'm a
> newbie; but *you* should fix".  Sigh, don't preach me Ruby way.
>
> Sorry if I offend you, George.  I don't mean yours was one of them.
> But I want concrete proposal, its rationale, and effect estimate of
> the change.  They are what I want to see in the Ruby2 RCR.

Matz -- sincere apologies for exasperating you. It wasn't ever my intention
to preach to you on the topic of Ruby. A specific technical question
snowballed into wider musings, which in their highly unformed state I should
probably have kept to myself. Along the way I unfortunately picked up on
your use of the phrase 'Ruby-way' and used it myself over-glibly.

Anyway, I will try to produce the concrete proposal you asked for.

One final thing though - I certainly never asked for anyone to fix it. I
wouldn't know how to in standard Ruby, but I *would* know how in
ByteCodeRuby :-)

-- George