Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:18452] [ANN] Ruby 1.9.1 feature freeze"
    on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 01:13:56 +0900, "Roger Pack" <rogerpack2005 / gmail.com> writes:

|Would it be possible to have a few patches applied before freeze [if
|possible]-I know I would use them [for being able to run racc against
|the original method definitions, etc.] :)
|
|http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/12598

This is a proposal to add __file__ and __line__ methods to Method and
Proc objects.  Issues are:

  * the method names.  I don't think proposed names that are
    surrounded by underscores are appropriate.
  * non-Ruby defined methods/procs.  the patch raises TypeError, but
    is it really appropriate?  Should they return nil for such cases?
  * use-case.  the proposal comes with use-case sourceref.rb, but any
    other use case?

							matz.