On Dec 1, 2003, at 02:55, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:

> Now test/unit terminates whole process at the end of tests,
> however, I feel a library should not do it.  So made a patch
> which removes exit from test/unit to applications.  And this
> moves some stuff in test/runner.rb to AutoRunner, reversely.
>
> How do you think this, Nathaniel?

Your patch looks good, but I think we need to go further...

The problem I see is that test/unit is sometimes a library, and
sometimes an application. When it is required and manually set up, it
is used as a library. When it is run automatically from at_exit, it is
really behaving like an application (it turns any test file in to its
own application).

I propose the following:

- The exit value is set when test/unit is run from at_exit (should be a
small fix).
- AutoRunner does not exit or set the exit value (as in your patch).
- Move runner.rb to bin, name it 'testunit' ('test' would be good, but
it seems too likely to have a name clash), and make it executable, so
that it can be used by anyone wanting to run a set of tests.

Thoughts?

Nathaniel

<:((><