Hi --

I'm totally unclear on the rationale for this behavior in 1.9:

   class Object
     def singleton_class
       class << self; self; end

   "".singleton_class.singleton_class   # => Class

I don't see how it makes sense for Class to report itself as the
singleton class of any object, including a singleton class. It's not
likely that this double-depth singleton class would be needed, but I
think it should behave predictably:

   class << obj    # obj's singleton class

and not have a special case wired into it. Maybe I'm missing
something?

David

   Intro to Ruby on Rails  January 12-15   Fort Lauderdale, FL
   Advancing with Rails    January 19-22   Fort Lauderdale, FL *
   * Co-taught with Patrick Ewing!