> Not this case. String is no longer Enumerable.

Thank you, my mistake. I'm not chasing the moving target of 1.9 until it
stabilises. And even then I suspect I'll stick with 1.8.6 for quite a while,
rather than learn new new magic and syntax in 1.9/2.0.

Now if 1.9 had *removed* magic or syntax from 1.8, I'd be much more
interested. (For example, if it had eliminated the semantic distinctions
between method calls, lambda calls and Proc calls). Then I could garbage
collect some space in my brain.

But I guess that's an admission that I'm not qualified to talk on ruby-core,
so I'll shut up now :-)

Cheers,

Brian.