I have run into problems with test_io.rb on cygwin.

If I run "make test", there is a stall at test_io.rb
(with 6 dots output, i.e. working on the 7th test),
where enormous amounts of processing time are being burned.

If I use "cd test/ruby; ruby test_io.rb", I get something
similar, but with 11 dots output, i.e. working on the 12th
test, and only after some minutes 'cold' wait, i.e. where
no processing time is being burned.

This is on Windows XP, service pack 3.

If anybody can confirm (or deny) such behavior, that might
be helpful. Also, any other advice on what might help is
appreciated.

Regards,    Martin.