Not at all - it means we're now free to do the right thing :)

Thanks,
-John

-----Original Message-----
From: Yukihiro Matsumoto [mailto:matz / ruby-lang.org]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 8:52 AM
To: ruby-core / ruby-lang.org
Subject: [ruby-core:18326] Re: [Bug #449] File.zero? returns true when give=
n a directory on Windows

Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:18325] Re: [Bug #449] File.zero? returns true wh=
en given a directory on Windows"
    on Tue, 19 Aug 2008 00:43:35 +0900, "John Lam (IRONRUBY)" <jflam@micros=
oft.com> writes:

|I submitted that original bug (first time using redmine :)). Here's some m=
ore context:

|File.zero? on Windows when given a directory name produces a nonsensical r=
esult. It should do one of the following:

|1) Provide consistent results given a directory name on both Windows and *=
nix
|2) Throw an exception since File !=3D Directory
|
|Since 2) is not the Ruby Way, it makes more sense to either do 1), or mark=
 its behavior as "undefined", or "platform specific" which will let individ=
ual implementations decide how to define it.

|Does this sound reasonable to folks?

Currently we define its behavior as "platform specific".  Any
objection?

                                                        matz.