On Aug 14, 10:03 ¨Βν¬ ΓαμανιταΌγαμανιτα®®®ΐηναιμ®γονχςοτεΊ

> While we're at it:
>
> class Class
> def method_added(m)
>  ¨Βυτ> end
> end
>
> This came up when looking for a full-proof way of catching all method
> definitions. There is one however that can never be caught, and that's
> the one above. To that end, it would help a lot if the *old* callback
> were called instead of the new one.

Not quite the same issue, but closely related... Personally, I would
like to see the particular callback completely deactivated while
executing. It seems to me that recursing on

  def method_added(m)
    define_method("#{m}2"){  }
  end

is not only annoying, but almost certainly unnecessary, since by
defining a method within method_added, I already know it's happening.

T.