Hi,

I have a really large amount of data here and a Ruby program
dealing with it. I noticed how this program started to use swap
space and then, hours later, terminated. Then I watched (Linux
here) "/proc/$$/statm". Yes, the whole memory was eaten up.

I know that my program does not have a bug because it is running
for a year now without complaint. So I downgraded my Ruby from
1.8.6_p230 to 1.8.6_p111 and--voila--the statm output yields
constant values and the program finishes successfully.

Sorry, I cannot provide any data because it is from a lawyers
office and underlies duty of confidentially. I would search on my
own for the bug if someone could give me a hint where to start
doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Bertram

--