Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:18124] Re: [Ruby 1.8 - Bug #252] Array#sort doesn't respect overridden <=>"
    on Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:49:27 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter / sun.com> writes:

|So this is going to be a behavioral change now? My reading of the patch
|tells me it's now checking to see if <=> has been overridden and if so
|using the path that actually calls it. As Ryan pointed out, this would
|be new behavior. Can we get an official ruling on what is correct in 1.8
|and 1.9.x?

We are not going to change 1.8 semantic in the near future.  We should
keep compatibility, even when it's inconsistent, as long as it's not
"wrong".

For 1.9, I think it's better to adopt the new behavior.  What do you
think?

							matz.