Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:18074] Re: New array methods cycle, choice, shuffle (plus bug in cycle)"
    on Sat, 2 Aug 2008 06:43:56 +0900, David Flanagan <david / davidflanagan.com> writes:

|If we agree that there is a use-case for adding #sample to the API, then
|I would also argue again for #sample! which removes the sampled elements
|from the array.  There is no way to write #sample! based on #sample and
|I'd imagine that it would be usefule.

I am against #sample!, because

 * #sample! is not the receiver modifying version of #sample.
 * the intention can be expressed much better by applying #shuffle first,
   then retrieving some elements from the randomized array.

							matz.