On Tuesday 25 November 2003 00:50, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, T. Onoma wrote:
> > Huh. A force of nature you say?
>
> I am a bit perplexed by that comment too. I thought he was one of the
> pokemon. Suddenly my worldview is shattered. But a force of nature is also
> nice to worship. Ultimately it's the superpowers that count.

Hah!  So true.  What's your super-power, Mathieu?

When I say "force of nature", I mean that Matz has shown a tendancy to do
things the way *he* wants to do them, regardless of what everybody else
wants.  For example, there are popular RCRs which Matz rejects for no other
reason than that he doesn't like them aesthetically.

Pokemon can be controlled; they're like little fuzzy power tools.  Matz can't
be controlled.  He's like a river; you sort of know where it is going, but
you can't really do anything about it.

Ruby is developed under a dictatorship (albeit benevolent), not a democracy.
Our discussions about how Ruby *should* be may give him something to think
about, but as forces for change, they're pretty weak.

--- SER