Hi Rocky,

2008/7/17 Rocky Bernstein <rocky.bernstein / gmail.com>:
> So I guess this means
> that in order to get code coverage,  one needs to do add
> VM::InstructionSequence.compile_option = { trace_instruction : true }
> just like one does to get line tracing.

No, trace instructions for coverage event are installed
independently of compile_option.  See ADD_TRACE in compile.h.

In addition, this coverage feature is not for the casual users.
So I think, even if compile_option need to be set, it's only
necessary for developper of coverage tool to do it.  The casual
users don't to have to think about it.

--
Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp>