On Jul 16, 2008, at 12:47 AM, Martin Duerst wrote:

> Hope this helps. I'll be glad to help some more, it would be good
> if we could bring Builder to a state where it would be an example
> of how to use 1.9 internationalization technology.

I would love to see a similar analysis of the now standard CSV library
(use to be FasterCSV).

I've added Ruby 1.8 encoding support to the source on RubyForge
recently.  I need to roll that set of changes into the version now
bundled with Ruby, but I really don't know enough about the m17n
implementation to get it right yet.

I'm happy to discuss this off-list, if you are interested.

James Edward Gray II