Are you asking me? If so, go right ahead. Also, for posterity's sake,
I'm happy to assign the copyright for any ruby-mode code I write to the
FSF (there was some talk a while back about incorporating ruby-mode into
emacs proper).

I may have some ruby-mode patches in the future, as well, if you're
interested. What are your thoughts on general housecleaning patches
(normalizing the indentation, switching to more modern coding
conventions, that sort of thing)?