Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:17753] Re: Release Plan: Ruby 1.9.0-2"
    on Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:59:00 +0900, Kouhei Sutou <kou / cozmixng.org> writes:

|I stop to object that Test::Unit is replaced with miniunit.
|Because nobody objects it except me. It will mean that my
|opinion doesn't make sense. If Matz says 'go', Test::Unit
|will be replaced with miniunit.
|
|I'll write my opinions in this mail below. I'm happy if my
|opinions are considered a bit in the future. It's OK for me
|if they aren't considered.

If I understand you correctly, lack of full compatibility is
the primary reason of your objection to minitest, right?

If so, how do you feel making Test::Unit into a gem, and ask
users who need full compatibility to type:

  gem install testunit

once?  If no one opposes, you can be a maintainer of the
gem.  Or you really feel it's important that Test::Unit to
be bundled with standard distribution?

							matz.