Issue #238 has been updated by Usaku NAKAMURA.

> I'm going based on the standard behavior of the shell:
(snip)
> Bash on OS X is similar, failing with a prompt instead of full failure.

This is ruby, not shell :)

If you think it's wrong that ruby can remove read-only file on every platforms, it opens to dispute (and it's not my -- windows port mainterner's issue but matz's and others').
If you assume only Windows to be a problem, it is not accepted.

BTW, Dir.mkdir's behaviour is not same as other platforms.
So I only said "hmm...".
I'm thinking that does changing this behaviour correspond to the work cost or not...

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org