Issue #238 has been updated by Luis Lavena.

> Also applies to Dir.mkdir, which allows making a directory when the parent directory has read-only permissions

Agree with Mr. Nakamura on the "hmm"..

  D:\Users\Luis>cd Desktop
  D:\Users\Luis\Desktop>mkdir foo
  D:\Users\Luis\Desktop>attrib +r foo
  D:\Users\Luis\Desktop>cd foo
  D:\Users\Luis\Desktop\foo>copy con x
  Hello!
  ^Z
        1 file(s) copied.

It doesn't matter if the parent folder is readonly. I have exposed theses issues on "RubySpec forum":http://groups.google.com/group/rubyspec/browse_thread/thread/2e2b21b73aca5fcc# a long time ago, but anyway, file/directory attributes has nothing to do with file/directory permissions.

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/my/account