On Jul 8, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> It is not just prodding them with a stick - we have gem maintainers
> who haven't integrated patches, or even responded to email.
>
> http://intertwingly.net/blog/2008/01/04/Builder-on-1-9
> http://intertwingly.net/blog/2008/01/07/Rake-Contrib-for-1-9

Ouch.  Ok, I've dropped the ball on those and am adding them to my
todo lists.

I haven't reviewed the builder patches yet.  Are these two URLs the
same patch?

    http://intertwingly.net/projects/ruby19/patches/builder.patch
    http://intertwingly.net/stories/2008/01/04/builder5.diff

Re the rake patch.  The rake patch, if the contrib is split out into
its own gem, it should also be removed from the original rake gem ...
I think.  Feedback welcome.

BTW, did you get a chance to review that builder patch for the CP1252
character?  Should be dated around June 16th.  If you didn't get it, I
will resend.

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich / gmail.com