At 11:59 08/07/08, Yugui (Yuki Sonoda) wrote:
>Hi, all
>
>On 20 Jun, Matz, ko1, shyouhei and I told about the release management
>of Ruby 1.9. And the management tasks were assigned to me.
>
>At first, I want to decide what features to be included in Ruby 1.9.1.
>
>== Schedule
>As mentioned before (http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/07/rubykaigi),
>Ruby 1.9.1 will be released at 20 Dec.
>
>I intend to release snapshots as bellow:
>* 1.9.0-3 snapshot release  at 25 Jul
>* 1.9.0-4 snapshot release  at 25 Aug
>* 1.9.0-5 snapshot release
>   and feature freeze       at 25 Sep
>* 1.9.1 rc1                 at 25 Oct
>* 1.9.1 rc2                 at 25 Nov
>* 1.9.1                     at 20 Dec
>
>== Features to be included
>I must decide what to be included and what not to be included.
>For example,
>* Of course, YARV itself will be included. It have already been merged.
>* Multi-VM will not, because it needs more time. ko1 said it will be
>implemented by 1.9.5 :-)
>
>Committers and anyone who intend to write patches, let me know your
>plan. What features will be implemented by 25 Sep? What will not?
>
>* How about the improved version of transcode?

Yes, absolutely. The current plan is:
- Add generation script and data tables to svn
- Add more options, more or less as discussed in previous email
- Tweak exceptions used (also as discussed in previous email)
- Add more supported encodings (As discussed with Matz, an added
  encoding isn't considered a feature, but it would still be
  better to have many of them in by the relevant deadline(s).)
- Expose rb_transcoding or something similar in Ruby, to allow
  transcoding partial buffers (e.g. transcoding 1k bytes a time).
  [not sure there will be enough time for this]

Regards,    Martin.