On Monday 07 July 2008, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 12:26:02PM +0200, Marc Haisenko wrote:
> > But then your Ruby code would suddenly be platform-specific because
> > certain methods would only be present when you are on the correct
> > platform which is kinda counter-productive. People wouldn't realize that
> > their Ruby code might mysteriously fail on some systems.
>
> Have you look to source of curses module? Methods related to mouse and
> color have been already able to fail on some systems.

So we already have a wart which is a good excuse to just keep on adding more
of them, a development scheme done a hundred times a day and thus it must
certainly be a Good Thing(tm). That certainly improves quality. Sorry for
being sarcastic, but I think it's a bad argument and still fail to see why
you just can't use the ncurses-ruby module and be done. But I'm not someone
who can decide anything here, just posting my opinion (and will stop doing so
now, I guess I transported my message ;-).
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko

Comdasys AG