>M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>In that case, I'll switch my profiling over to the Ruby version (as soon as I get the KRI benchmark piece running.) :)
>Please give it a shot, I've just pushed out a much-improved Ruby version. Compared to the bash variant, this one's much smarter about not redoing work by running off cached sources as much as possible, runs much faster by doing more complex operations in single Ruby commands that required many calls in Bash, it can now run specific test suites by name and version number as given on the command-line, can do dryrun to show what code it'll run without actually running it, should be much easier to include additional test suites into, etc.
>
>http://github.com/igal/rubychecker/
>
>-igal

igal, I like your code, thanks for putting it on github.

I think it would be easy to extend my RubyBuild class to handle building rubinius and jruby.

Your work with tests is much stronger than mine. Both the jruby and rubinius folks are well integrated with rspec.  I am particularly interested in using your integration of multiple suites of tests with jruby since I use jruby extensively.

I can see also running tests for a suite of selected gems.

Right now I will take just enough of your code so I will be motivated to see the results by testing it against jruby! That will get me to add being able to build multiple ruby vms in a coherent fashion.

My computer was working hard yesterday and built all the MRI rubys from p114 to p256 ;-)