On Jul 4, 2008, at 5:16 PM, Igal Koshevoy wrote:

> Vladimir Sizikov wrote:
>>
>> With the very latest RubySpec revision, Arthur and Federico...

And Vladimir, give yourself some credit.

> I'm a bit unclear on the meaning of the current specs. Are they
> passing because (1) Shyouhei and the Ruby team have made fixes, (2)
> the RubySpec team fixed problematic guards, or (3) the RubySpec team
> added guards to specify expected failures for this current release?

1, 2 and 3. Ruby-Core has helped us fix quite a bit of those bugs and
they've pointed us when the specs were specifying incorrect behavior.
There are still some issues left to fix but these have been guarded
and reported to Redmine.

> What I'm really trying to get at: is the current p265 able to run
> the same sort of code that old p111/p114 did?

Mostly, yes, but remember some behavior has changed (or bugs have been
fixed). Iconv#iconv is an example of this.

--
Federico