Vladimir Sizikov wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Igal Koshevoy <igal / pragmaticraft.com> wrote:
>
>> Since then, Federico, Arthur, Vladamir and others have
>> reworked most of those problematic guard conditions, but it's still
>> necessary to read beyond the diffs and understand what the passing/failings
>> specs actually mean.
>>

> With the very latest RubySpec revision, Arthur and Federico managed to
> bring the number of spec failures for 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 HEADS to ZERO
> (on MacOS), and there are only 2 spec failures (IO failures only seen
> on Linux).

Awesome, good work.

I reran the tests against ruby_1_8_6 HEAD and am only seeing just those
two failures. Previously there were errors in Iconv,
Module#remove_method raises, and String#%. Now these are all passing.

I'm a bit unclear on the meaning of the current specs. Are they passing
because (1) Shyouhei and the Ruby team have made fixes, (2) the RubySpec
team fixed problematic guards, or (3) the RubySpec team added guards to
specify expected failures for this current release? What I'm really
trying to get at: is the current p265 able to run the same sort of code
that old p111/p114 did?

Thanks!

-igal