Kurt Stephens wrote:
> Why not write it in ruby?
It's funny, this morning I strongly felt it should be written in shell,
I don't feel as strongly about that now.

Anyway, I've rewritten the program in Ruby. You'll now find a
"rubychecker.rb" in the git repo. It works basically the same as the
earlier shell version, except you can pass it arguments like "rspec",
"rubyspec", and "rails" if you want it to run only that specific suite.
The arguments are almost the same as the old program, but look at bottom
of the file for specifics.

When I get some time, I'll write docs specifically for it (although
they'll be 95% identical to those for the shell version). I'll also try
including RubyZip to avoid the dependency on an external "unzip"
command. I'll also try to abstract the checks and provide way to tell it
to run specific versions of a test suite from the command-line, e.g.,
the Rails 1.2.6 suite. However, it currently does everything I actually
need.

For now I'm keeping both versions around, and see what people prefer.

Thoughts?

-igal