On 7/3/08, Igal Koshevoy <igal / pragmaticraft.com> wrote:
> Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
>
> > On 6/30/08, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> >

> > > For what I know,
> > >
> > > A patchlevel is checked in if and only if
> > >  % make all install check
> > >  passes.
> > >

> > I would like to propose that the 'check' target depend on the
> > 'test-rubyspec' target.
> > Or that the patchlevels be defined by "make all install
> > update-rubyspec test-rubyspec"
> >
>  That'd be great. I think that RubySpec has more than proven its value and
> the RubySpec team has shown their dedication to supporting Ruby.
>
>  The only gotcha with a "test-rubyspec" task is that it it relies on
> external software and a network connection to checkout code. Anyway, I'm
> hoping that the shell-based checker program I'm working on will provide a
> reasonable way to do that, and can be easily run out of a make/rake task.

Those targets are actually already in the Makefile in the ruby_1_8
branch at least.
They look like this currently:

update-rubyspec:
  if [ -d $(srcdir)/rubyspec ]; then \
    cd $(srcdir)/rubyspec/mspec; \
    git pull; \
    cd ../spec/rubyspec; \
    git pull; \
  else \
    git clone $(MSPEC_GIT_URL) $(srcdir)/rubyspec/mspec; \
    git clone $(RUBYSPEC_GIT_URL) $(srcdir)/rubyspec/spec/rubyspec; \
  fi

test-rubyspec:
  @if [ ! -d $(srcdir)/rubyspec ]; then echo No rubyspec here.  make
update-rubyspec first.; exit 1; fi
  $(RUNRUBY) $(srcdir)/rubyspec/mspec/bin/mspec
-r$(srcdir)/ext/purelib.rb
$(srcdir)/rubyspec/spec/rubyspec/$(MAJOR).$(MINOR)